||1st May 2013
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE PACK WITH ANY VERSION OF MAILPAC
The Service Pack in this
package contains a modified version of one or
program modules. The modification is not a full
upgrade or a product replacement; it is a
hot fix that is valid only until
we release an update to the product,
The Service Pack contains the following enhancements:
1. Emailed Document attachments are now named using the the document number (or batch entry number) from the Mailpac document grid - e.g. IN1234.pdf
2. Documents can be printed to a folder on the users system. For example you might wish to keep original copies of all purchase orders in a file share. To use this feature set the Mailpac delivery method to "Folder", then on the Send Documents screen select a folder as the destination for the Mailpac documents. Any existing documents in the folder with the same name will be overwritten.
You could use this feature combined with eImagePac Barcode Filer, to automate attachment of document files to their corresponding Sage 300 ERP record.
3. The on line help file for Mailpac has been updated.
4. Mailpac now optionally allows documents to be delivered to the Customer Ship To or Vendor Remit To location email address instead of the customer or vendor email address. This means that Mailpac can use multiple email and contact email addresses for a given customer or vendor. You can use the Ship to (or Remit To) Email or Contact Email addresses as required.
Sage 300 ERP allows Remit To or Ship To locations to be used with:
AP Remittance Advices, AR Invoices, OE Invoices, OE Credit Notes and OE Order Confirmations.
Sage 300 ERP does not allow Remit To or Ship To locations to be used with:
Purchase Orders, AR Receipt Advices or AR Statements. Note you can use National Accounts to define mulitple email addresses for AR Statements.
To use this feature:
a. Set up Vendor Remit To and/or Customer Ship To records for those Customers and Vendors, who need specific documents delivered to different contact and email addresses. Mailpac makes use of the Remit To and Ship To: Name, Contact, Email and Contact Email values.
b. As you enter transactions in Sage 300 ERP, select the relevant Remit To or Ship to Location ID for the record. If you leave the Ship To or Remit To ID empty, Mailpac will use the email address from the Customer or Vendor record.
c. From the Mailpac Process Documents screen, select either the Email or Contact Email Delivery Method and make sure the Remit To or Ship To check box is also selected. If you don't select the Remit To or Ship To check box, Mailpac will use the email address from the Customer or Vendor record. Click the "Next" button to proceed to the Document Grid. You will see that documents with a valid Remit To or Ship To ID, show the Name and Email address from the corresponding Remit To or Ship to record.
d. When you proceed to send the documents, they will be delivered to the email addresses shown in the document grid. Customised email messages that include the customer or vendor name or contact, will use the name and contact values from the Remit To or Ship To records where appropriate.
The Service Pack corrects the following problems:
1. When adding new Document Codes to Mailpac Document Setup, the document "Module" value would sometimes not save correctly. This would cause a Mailpac Process Documents message: "The document is unavailable because the required Accpac module is not installed or activated." If you have Mailpac Document records causing this issue, you can fix them by applying this hotfix, then opening Mailpac Document Setup and selecting then resaving those records.
- Sage Accpac ERP 6.1 (2012)
- MAILPAC V6.1
Click the Download
button in the
upper right-hand corner of this page to start
the download and save the file to your computer.
** YOU WILL NEED TO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING STEPS ON EACH SAGE 300 ERP WORKSTATION IF SAGE 300 ERP PROGAM FILES ARE INSTALLED LOCALLY **
1. Unzip the downloaded files
2. Run the setup.exe application to install.
Thank you for choosing MAILPAC